Desktop Health, a healthcare business within Desktop Metal, Inc. announced the commercial launch of the Einstein series, a high-precision family of 3D printers for dental professionals, and Flexcera Smile Ultra+, one of the strongest dental resins to receive FDA clearance for permanent use. With this combination of 3D printer and materials, dental professionals have the tools to deliver accurate, 3D printable smiles customized to the individual patient for both permanent and temporary dental restorations on a wide range of applications.
Said Michael Jafar, President & CEO of Desktop Health, “A dentist can now print veneers, bridges, crowns, dentures, inlays, onlays and more in minutes. Beautiful, functional, same-day dental prosthetics with ceramic-like strength are now possible – with the added bonus of cutting patient waiting times from weeks to mere hours.”
Leveraging Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology, the Einstein printer is designed with proprietary NanoFit 385 technology to ensure each application results in an accurate fit and natural-looking finish with stunning clarity. Equipped with Hyperprint technology to harness the power of heat and a closed-loop software upgrade, the Einstein printer offers speeds up to 50% faster than its predecessor.
The printer is available in multiple 3D printing solutions to address specific customer needs ranging from clinicians to labs. Coupled with proprietary resin science and technology, the printers are built to deliver on the key features essential to 3D printing: accuracy, speed and versatility.
The Einstein series includes:
● The Einstein, designed for general dentists, enabling chairside printing;
● The Einstein Pro, designed for small dental labs and specialists; and
● The Einstein Pro XL designed for high production dental labs offering the largest build envelope within the series.
Flexcera Smile Ultra+
First introduced in 2020 as Flexcera Smile for temporary dental applications, the next-generation Flexcera Smile Ultra+ is an FDA 510(k) cleared Class 2 medical device for permanent, printable dental restorations. It has been formulated with the strength of ceramic coupled with long chain chemistry to ensure ideal properties. When used in tandem with the Einstein 3D printers, dental providers can now print same-day smiles, including crowns, bridges, veneers, full and partial dentures.
Harnessing the power of NanoFit 385 technology, Flexcera Smile Ultra+ dental prosthetics have been shown to have an average 43% better marginal fit.
For the first time in dental prosthetics, Flexcera resins offer:
● High fracture resistance, three times more resistant to fracture than select competitive resins;
● Moisture resistance to prevent staining or discoloration, two times more resistant than a leading competitive formulation; and
● An overall natural aesthetic that offers lifelike tooth translucency and a natural-looking smile, providing a perfect blend of comfort, strength and flexibility.