EnvisionTEC, a global leader in 3D printers for the in-ear device and monitor market, and 3Shape, a global leader in 3D scanning and CAD/CAM software, launched a turnkey system for scanning, modeling, and printing in-ear devices.
At AudiologyNow, the world’s largest gathering of audiologists, the two companies will jointly demonstrate how scanning, software, and 3D printers work together to deliver an elegant, quick, cost-effective custom solution for hearing care professionals and their patients. The event will be held from April 5-8 in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium.
This turnkey system for audiology professionals includes:
- 3Shape H600 3D Scanner for fast, reliable and high-accuracy 3D scanning of ear impressions.
- 3Shape software package for modeling up to 6,000 files and managing 3D print jobs, including:
- EarMouldDesigner for modeling of BTE ear molds and soft silicone BTE ear molds.
- ShellDesigner for modeling of ITE type shells, with all components (transducer, receiver, volume control, battery, etc.) incorporated into the modeling process.
- CAMBridge for efficient 3D print job management for clinics and small-to mid-sized manufacturers.
- A choice of two 3D printers, either:
- An EnvisionTEC Vida Hi-Res DSP, with a build envelope of 96 x 54 x 100 mm (3.78 x 2.13 x 3.94 in.) and XY resolution to 50 µm (0.002 in.)
- An EnvisionTEC Micro Plus Advantage, with a build envelope of 65 x 40 x 100 mm (2.36 x 1.77 x 3.94 in.) and XY resolution to 60 µm (0.0024 in.)
- An Otoflash curing unit, to post-cure 3D print jobs to the desired finish.
- Training on the 3Shape scanner, software, and 3D printer.