It looks like the use of paper material to create 3D printed objects is a popular choice. Mcor Technologies Ltd, manufacturer of the only line of desktop paper 3D printers released its growth figures recently. Over the past ten months, it has achieved 1200% growth in the number of reselling partners and a 600% increase in sales.
This growth has prompted further investment of $2 million in Mcor this month by the Irish Technology Leadership Group (ITLG). Founded in 2007 by ITLG President John Hartnett and chaired by former Intel Corp. CEO Dr. Craig Barrett, the ITLG is an independent organization comprised of over 1500 high-level technology leaders primarily based in Silicon Valley who are Irish or Irish-American. The Group includes senior executives from some of the Valley’s leading corporations, each of whom are committed to promoting the technology connection between Ireland and Silicon Valley, and helping Ireland address the challenges of embracing new technology opportunities.
“We are thrilled with our remarkable growth in such a short period of time,” said Dr. Conor MacCormack, Co-founder and CEO of Mcor Technologies. “It has been an exciting year as we have expanded our product line, team and business and we are grateful to ITLG for their continued support.”
• Mcor added seasoned 3D printing industry professionals, increasing the number of employees by 200% – doubling the number of employees, year over year for the past three years. The company continues to aggressively recruit employees for positions across sales, marketing, engineering, R & D and production.
• Mcor’s partner program increased 1200%, providing a wide range of expertise across market sectors and geographies worldwide.
• Mcor sales of their low cost, eco-friendly paper-based 3D printers increased 600%.
Innovative New Products
• Introduction of the Mcor IRIS, full-color 3D printer, delivering more than one million colors simultaneously (CMYK, including black) from a palette more than twice the size of its nearest competitor.
• Mcor introduced ColourIT software that prepares 3D data files for full-color 3D printing on the Mcor IRIS 3D printer. ColourIT adds color onto 3D printed models and prototypes, maximizing the capability of color 3D printing to communicate and enable more applications.
• Launch of the Matrix 300+, the lowest cost, highest-quality, most eco-friendly 3D printer – 3 times faster than ever before.
• In a giant step toward the reality of 3D printing for all, Mcor and global office supply retail giant, Staples, launched a new 3D printing service called “Staples Easy 3D,” offering consumers, product designers, architects, healthcare professionals, educators, students and consumers low-cost, brilliantly colored, photorealistic 3D printed products from Staples stores.
• Staples’ first 3D printing “Experience Centre” went live in The Netherlands, powered by Mcor’s low-cost, full-color, paper-based 3D printers, enabling Staples to make 3D printing accessible to everyone.
Mcor Technologies Ltd