Nano Dimension Ltd. introduces its new DragonFly IV printer and FLIGHT software platform. DragonFly IV is a Dielectric & Conductive-Materials Additive Manufacturing System aimed for the fabrication of High-Performance Electronic Devices (Hi-PEDs) by depositing the proprietary materials simultaneously, while concurrently integrating in-situ capacitors, antennas, coils, transformers, and electro-mechanical components.
DragonFly IV delivers improved accuracy of traces, spacing, and vias, improved PCB product quality, and the ability to design and produce 3D Hi-PEDs in a one-step production process.
New capabilities include:
• Integration with Nano Dimension’s new FLIGHT software
• Integration of 3D elements in PCB
• 3D designed Hi-PEDs
• Support of HDI level elements
• 75 µm traces; 100 µm spacing; 150 µm via
• Enhanced print quality, optimizing yield with predictable conductivity
• Low thickness variation <5%
DragonFly IV, combined with the FLIGHT software, expands the electronic and mechanical performance envelop of AME devices and their fabrication. With the ability to leverage rapid and environmentally friendly additive manufacturing processes, customers can change and metamorphose form, fit, and function. DragonFly IV will enable agile and rapid customization and personalization, as well as allow for the innovative structuring of electronics in the third dimension.
FLIGHT Software Package
The FLIGHT software suite incorporates ECAD designs into real 3D MCAD designs. It also offers intelligent verification, slicing, and job control solutions. FLIGHT enables the 3D design of electrical and mechanical features in 3-dimensions while ensuring that the new product designs comply with the system’s requirements and can then proceed directly to fabrication on the DragonFly IV.
The Flight Software Suite consists of 3 components:
1-FLIGHT Plan: Allows designers to develop viable 3D AME using both existing 2D design data, and novel 3D data. Tests show that this reduces the 3D AME design time by up to 10 times.
• Integrates 3D MCAD and ECAD capabilities for 3D Electro-Mechanical design
• Imports existing designs from major ECAD systems
• Enables the use of customers’ existing design tools
2-FLIGHT Check: This application enables design rule checks so that the designs meet the DragonFly IV requirements and are ready for printing.
• Unifies design rules for ECAD that meet the constraints of DragonFly IV
• Reduces design iteration cycles
3-FLIGHT Control: Delivers an entirely new pre-production solution that enables concurrent fabrication of both 2D and 3D multi-material Hi- PEDs, improving productivity.
• Integrates system and job management toolsets
• Supports new file formats (STL & ODB++)
• Improves user experience through better rendering accuracy and user interface
Both DragonFly IV and FLIGHT are available for order.
Leave a Reply