Irvine, CA — Roland DGA Corporation has introduced new Pixform Pro II™ reverse engineering software for its LPX DS series of 3D laser scanners.
Designed for reverse engineering, Roland LPX DS scanners capture complex data for a wide variety of CAD and computer graphics applications including hand-held consumer products design, package design, hand-sculpted items and biomedical product design. New Pixform Pro II reverse engineering software optimizes the capabilities of the LPX DS series by enabling professionals to quickly and intuitively convert scan data into fully editable 3D CAD models.
New Pixform Pro II Reverse Engineering Software
Roland’s Pixform Pro II is a new software solution allowing users to go from LPX DS scan data to a parametric CAD model without a great deal of training. Featuring intuitive built-in wizards, assistants and analyzers, Pixform Pro II enables users to create quality usable data in just a few minutes. The liveTransfer™ feature enables users to transfer their completed files directly to popular software packages including SolidWorks, UGS NX and Pro/Engineer Wildfire. There is no need to save files and then import them into the design software.
Pixform Pro II Features
* Integrated software solution for processing scan data and creating 3D feature based CAD models
quickly and easily
* Optimizes work processes and improves design quality
* Simplifies the product development process
* Generates high quality parametric solid and surface CAD compatible models
* Removes time-consuming requirements of cleaning scan data
* Includes intelligent tools that automatically extract design features from 3D scan data
* Features user friendly interface similar to major CAD applications
* Shows deviation analysis between scan data and finished part using the Accuracy Analyzer™
* Exports models directly to CAD with modeling history
LPX DS series
The LPX DS series features three models. The LPX-60 scans objects measuring up to 12″ high by 8″ in diameter and the LPX-600 scans objects measuring up to 16″ high by 10″ in diameter. The maximum scanning resolution for both models is 0.2mm (0.008″). The LPX-1200 scans objects up to 8″ high by 5″ in diameter and offers a maximum scanning resolution of 0.1mm (0.004″). All LPX DS series scanners come bundled with EZ Studio reverse engineering software which automatically scans, aligns and merges 3D models and Dr. PICZA3 software for objects with complex forms and undercuts.