Artec 3D, a developer and manufacturer of professional 3D hardware and software, announced the availability of a remote app for its Artec Ray long-range laser scanner, which gives users flexibility when scanning large objects without needing to be tethered to a laptop.
Through the iOS and Android app, scanning can be controlled from any mobile device or tablet via a WiFi connection. With the Artec Ray, large objects can be digitally captured with submillimeter accuracy and from a distance of up to 110 meters (or 360 feet) away. Now with a few taps on a phone or tablet, data can be captured with minimal noise levels, resulting in a faster scanning process and quicker post-processing.
Artec Ray’s speed, accuracy and operating flexibility will make jobs easier, for a range of applications including reverse engineering, inspection, construction (BIM), product design, forensics, heritage preservation, and more.
The Artec Remote app allows users to:
• Complete scans without being connected to a laptop;
• Specify scan resolution in the Simple Settings Mode;
• Adjust sensitivity, horizontal and vertical resolution, turn scanning sounds on and off, and turn scan texture (color) on and off through the Advanced Settings Mode;
• Generate a quick scene preview to ensure the target object will be fully captured;
• Select one area or multiple areas to scan with specified settings;
• Quickly save data to an SD-card.
To download the Artec Remote app, visit https://apps.apple.com/us/app/artec-remote/id1398067054 for the iOS version or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.artec3d.ArtecRemote for the Android version.