eQuality Tech, the exclusive distributor for Solutionix in the Americas, announced the availability of Rexcan CS+, a fully automated 3D scanner that integrates a turntable with four degrees of freedom for simpler set-up and more comprehensive data acquisition.
“The integrated turntable simplifies and automates a major part of the scanning process,” said Brad Philip, senior design engineer for Amcor, a large packaging company. “Rexcan CS+ can scan small intricate objects as efficiently as larger objects, in some cases drastically cutting the time from receipt of part to creating a full CAD model or inspection report.”
In addition to the integrated turntable, features of Rexcan CS+ include:
• Integrated blue-light scanning for capturing dark objects.
• Interchangeable lens sets of 100 mm, 200 mm and 400 mm with automatic calibration for different fields of view.
• Ability to generate scan paths by simply clicking on the model, reducing subsequent prep and scanning time for production part approval process (PPAP), first-article inspection, gage R&R and any other type of repetitive scanning.
• Automated scanning for small- and medium-sized parts: Mount the part on the turntable, select a pre-defined macro and walk away.
• Flexibility to scan larger parts using a tri-pod and target registration.
• ezScan software for data acquisition and Geomagic Qualify for automated inspection analysis provided at no extra cost.
The Rexcan CS+ operates with Geomagic Qualify or Studio software. Sais Srdjan Urosev, president and CEO of eQuality Tech, “Eliminating targets, streamlining scanning with the four-way turntable, and comprehensive automation in Rexcan CS+ can reduce data acquisition and processing time by 50%.”